- Nervous / Scared?
How do you position your body (while standing, sitting or throughout the course of an interview)?
Are your shoulders slumped or do you stand tall? Posture is a key non-verbal cue and can suggest a lot more than words, at least that is how Interviewers receive it.
- Do you face the Interviewers when you initially stand and then sit?
- How do you / how often do you gesture to the Interviewers?
- What does it say about you if you touch your face a lot?
- Do you sit tall / slightly forward conveying attentiveness, engagement, and confidence?
- Do you use subtle positive agreement gestures to the interviewers?
- Do you reveal your palms (faced up)? – a sign of trust.
If you have poor body language, this may be one of the reasons you are not succeeding in interviews.
I address body language in my coaching sessions with my clients.