British Definition – to speak or write, especially at great length, without saying anything meaningful or valuable.
I was a notorious waffler when I started this journey…
- Not enough preparation.
- Substituting substance for words.
- Nerves stemming from the knowledge that I didn’t do enough work.
I decided to turn this around after one interview where after monumental waffling, I had to ask the interviewer, ‘What was the question again?’ We all laughed at that, but inside I was mortified.
I decided this couldn’t happen again.
I corrected this by:
- Research (general & specific)
- Creating story frameworks.
- Analysis, refinement of my answers.
- Consistent iteration.